Friday, December 28, 2012

Exploring NM: ABQ BioPark River of Lights


Every year the New Mexico BioPark Society does the River of Lights light display.  This display is just awesome.  They use metal and rope light to create amazing light sculptures of animals, plants, and Christmas scenes.  It is a really fun thing to see, and I think it may become a Christmas tradition for us.

If you live around Albuquerque and haven’t been here, you are really missing out!  The last day to see the display is December 30th.  It was freezing cold and my toes went numb, but worth it! 

My favorite part was discovering that they had been yarn bombed:

 

Ha!  I love it!

Here are a bunch of pics of my favorite light displays:
 


 





 






 
I know this is a lot of pictures, but it's only a handful of the displays they've created.  If you're in ABQ I hope you go check it out!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment: